Thursday, July 03, 2014

#Horses #Homesteading


I used to ride years ago...for years. It was a daily thing. With all that's been going on in my personal life, I decided it was time to get back on a horse. They always made me feel so relaxed and free. Like the stress just melted away while I was on them.


Living rural, I knew people with horses and took one up on an offer to ride. For the record, after not riding for 12 years, it is NOT like riding a bike.
For several reasons.


I rode in the midwest. Not the White Mountains. The difference is exactly that. Here the terrain is rocky, full of mountains, hills, trenches, and so on. Out there it was flat and green. The thought never crossed my mind that my horse would trip. Now they do it several times per ride.


I still dearly love horses and decide to take lessons. (Which are moving way faster than I prefer. Their logic? I have a good seat and can ride, my confidence just left and went somewhere. I attribute it to the change in landscape and I need to get over it.)


Will there ever be a horse on my property? I really do hope so. They still calm me. However, if I don't master mountain riding...I may have to realize yet another old love has some to an end.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *